Saturday, November 19, 2011

When You Said That It Is Done

One of the most moving words that the Lord Jesus said when He was hanged on the cross was from John 19:30, "It is done."

When Christ was hanged on the cross that was the ultimate sacrifice a love could give. It taught us how limitless Christ’s love for us. And He is allowing us to experience it ourselves in our own journey of life.

Christ was so much focused on His purpose to restore the broken relationship of the creature to the creator. To restore the bond of love that existed before.

When He said that it is done, Christ have taught us:

1. To persevere to the end. He taught us not to give up until everything is done according to His word. He never wavered; He is focused on what is to be done. After a lifetime of doing the Fathers will, up to the end, Christ persevered. May we be, like St. Paul can say, "I have competed well; I have finished the race; I have kept the faith." 2Tim4:7

2. To be faithful to the end. Christ is teaching us that in every darkest nights all we need to do is to cling on to Him because the dawn is sure to come. Not a single word will pass until everything will be fulfilled as He has promised. He was and is faithful to the end.

3. To love to the end. As the song goes, "Oh Lord, You've searched me, You know my way. Even if I fail you, I know you love me. Your holy presence, surrounding me and in every season, I know you'll love me." Christ love is unfailing, even if we fail.

Christ is love Himself! May we learn to drink from His fountain of pure love, that would quench our soul. Moved with love for us, He denied His own emotions and feelings, desires and longings, fears and anxieties, hurts and pains. He simply denied Himself for us. May we learn to do the same.

When You said that it is done Oh Lord, You have taught us to persevere to the end, to be faithful to the end, and to love to the end. Until it is done Oh God, we will carry our cross. Until it is done, we will hope. And until it is done Oh Lord, we will wait. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment