Friday, November 25, 2011

I did not come on My own... John 8:42


The gospel readings for the past days, had been allowing me to reflect on some phrases that is worth praying for, one of these comes from John 8:42 that says, "I did not come on my own..."

Jesus said, He did not come on His own, but was sent by the Father. In our life and service, we did not come on our own; we come in the name of Jesus. In whatever place we are assigned or moved, we are an ambassador of Christ.

The moment we answered the call, it was already all about Him not us. So we must have a posture of:

1.    Humility - We always say, "Your will be done Oh Lord, because I know that you desire nothing but goodness for me, goodness that is overflowing." So wherever we are planted, we not only grow but bloom as well.

2.    Obedience - We always have a heart that obeys no matter how hard to understand, like Mary "Be it done to me according to your word." No matter how overwhelming the task before us, it is always an act of obedience and everything will just follow.

If we did not come on our own, then we don't own this work. This work belongs to the one who sends us. Our task is to do the best to fulfil the master’s instructions as we go.

Let us always be reminded then of that command that says, "Love one another as I have loved you," for we did not come on our own.

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment