Monday, November 7, 2011

Changing Time

I had a weird experience this morning. I woke up quite early actually but then I happened to sleep again. I was to have an early meeting, but when I woke up  and looked at my wrist watch, I was already late. So I hastily run to the office so I can catch up. I texted the person I was about to meet asking if we can do it half an hour later than scheduled. But when I opened my laptop, I saw the time I was one our early. I find it weird, I thought to myself, I did rechecked my clock at home and for sure I was already late, but here comes my laptop telling me I'm actually one hour early. 

While keeping this in my mind still wondering if there is something wrong with me or my mind, I suddenly hear an officemate saying that she's hungry already and its lunch time, but then she retracted and said, "Oh I'm wrong, we are now on PST (Pacific Standard Time) and its an hour early." It dawned on me that a day before Daylight Saving Time gave way to PST already. and I was not able to changed my wrist watch and wasn't able to look at my phone and laptop's clock either, which by the way automatically change. 


I felt relieved that there is nothing wrong with me or my mind but actually it was the Daylight Saving Time. Changing time can really be mind boggling specially if caught off guard. If makes me looks funny actually. But the lesson I've learned is that, first, I have to be mindful always of the changing time or else I'll be missing and messing up mine and others life and second, to be always thankful that the Lord gave me another chance to actually save even an hour in a day. Isn't it life allows us to make amends by giving us time enough to do it? Thank God for changing time!

by aats





No comments:

Post a Comment