Wednesday, November 16, 2011

There Is Beauty In Winter


Last weekend I was blessed again to go to the beautiful Whistler, one of the host cities of the 2010 Winter Olympics. I can never help but be awed at the beauty of the place. I've been to this place in different seasons of the year, but certainly winter makes this place more uniquely beautiful. With mountains surrounding it and winter sports about to start, O the beauty of winter!

When we arrived there, snow started to fall, my first snow fall for this year actually. There is beauty in the whiteness of snowflakes. I guess this is so because white has so much symbolism. It has been a symbol of purity and chastity, of honesty and purity of thoughts. 

There is an unexplainable beauty of winter that can only be experienced. I thank God I was able to experience this unique season. Isn't it worth reflecting, of all the seasons of the year, our Lord chose this season to be born? What is it about winter?

The color, the coolness, the nothingness, is all but external manifestations of the goodness of God that even in the coldest and seemingly unfriendly season there is still something to appreciate of. O beauty of God, present in all seasons, an embrace in the cold nights of winter, a presence we cannot deny!

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment