Monday, February 11, 2013

The Pilgrimage


I am writing this while on the plane to Taipei from Toronto. This will be my first going home after almost 3 years of mission. I am excited to see family, friends and co-missionaries however at the same time I am aware that I have to be conscious as always that I am going there as a pilgrim. Yes, I am taking this homecoming as a pilgrimage. My hope is that it will benefit my soul, strengthen further my spiritual life and make clearer the future He has in store for me.

May this journey be fruitful, joyful and meaningful.

1.    Being fruitful is different from being productive. Productivity focuses on quantity while fruitfulness on quality. We can be productive without being fruitful.
2.    Being Joyful is different from being happy. Happiness depends on what is happening. If I plan something and it turns out well, then I am happy however when it is not then I am sad. Being joyful on the other hand depends on God. We have joy when we are connected with Him and nothing can take that joy away no matter what is happening in the surrounding. Our martyrs of faith who were joyful even in the midst of suffering best exemplify this.
3.    Having meaning is different from having a definition. Definition is very technical while meaning is more spiritual. We can define words, activities and things and nothing more but knowing what’s behind the words, how these activities are done and why things are like that, adds spiritual dimension. To find meaning in all things allows us to know deeper the God who puts meaning into our lives.

This is what I like about travelling actually, it allows me to step back and look from the outside what had become of me, what were the learnings I missed and what can I do to push further. There is so much to learn that not seeking is such a wastes.

I am forever grateful to the Lord and to the community who has been an instrument of Gods providence to me. Lord, may my presence be a fruitful encounter, a joyful memory and a meaningful exchange to others lives. Amen.

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment