Monday, February 11, 2013

Learning Languages


I’m here at Taoyuan Taipei Aiport in Taiwan on the way home. It feels so good to hear directions in Chinese but what amazes me is actually the voice over in the airport teaching people Japanese. I kind of reminisce my university years when I took a course on Japanese. I like the Japanese language. How I wish I continued it beyond the requirement of my program. Arigato, Sumimasen and more… There is something about languages other than what I know that excites me. It’s the thought of learning other culture, understanding their way of life and appreciating the beauty of the people.

There is always something good in all cultures that we can learn if we can be open enough to immerse. Openness is important if we want to learn and learning is our way to grow and growing can mean increasing our capacity to help others.

(written yesterday at the airport)

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment