Monday, February 4, 2013

Natural and Simple

 
A sister asked me, “Kuya, what is your opinion about piercing?” I replied with a question, “Ear piercing for girls? It’s okay with me.” “No, its nose piercing,” she said. To which I answered, “I don’t like it. Personally it doesn’t look good to me.” She asked why and I said, “Because you don’t need to have one to look beautiful for you already are.”

How many of us need to put some extra things into our body just because society is telling us it will make us look more beautiful? I think we should rise above what society is telling us what is beautiful or not, because we already are.  Of course we will take care of ourselves and be tidy as possible, however we don’t need extra. The most beautiful are the natural and simple. 

(with sisters permission to blog this conversation)

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment