Friday, February 22, 2013

On Priesthood


I was attending the CFC Singles For Christ* International Conference last weekend. There was three masses, one each day from Friday to Sunday. The stage where the priest presides for the mass was very big and wide. After communion of the first mass, I was looking at the priest alone cleaning the Eucharistic table in the vastness of the stage. It struck my mind, how solitary the call they have answered and how heroic they were in responding to it! Seeing him alone in that table made me exclaim what a lonely journey they have taken! Well of course this is the reaction on the human level, though I know they are not that alone. But still, I honor them; they are one of a kind!

Alone in the table of the Lord, reliving His passion, death and resurrection, O God bless your priests and grant them the joy in there call. Amen.

*The Couples For Christ ministry for young adults.

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment