Sunday, January 15, 2012

Made in Heaven


Once I was trying to have a confession in the Church for 3 straight days in Edmonton without success. It was a week before the YFC (CFC Youth For Christ) Conference for Western Canada and we were eager to prepare ourselves spiritually.

Confession was conducted everyday before mass starts. First day, we went 15 minutes before mass, and there was already around 10 waiting. The priest was probably very eager for everyone to have a good confession that it takes more than 10 minutes for just one confession. In short, I was still around 8th in the line and the priest already came out of the confessional. The following day, we make it earlier and went there 30 minutes before mass. This time around I was next in line to the confessional when the priest went out to start the mass. So on the third day, we went to the church 1-hour earlier and finally I was able to have a confession.

I was tempted to be frustrated, so during the mass I just closed my eyes and thank the Lord for allowing me to experience this deprivation. Isn’t it frustrating when you want something and you went there it’s no longer available? I felt deprived of my need to be reconciled to God.

There is always this deep desire within us to be in the right relationship with the Lord. This desire and longing is a mark of the Creator for His creation. It is like “Made in Canada” mark that identifies where the product was made. Our longing points to the reality that someone made us up their and that we are “Made in Heaven”.

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment