Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Excess Baggage


I love travelling and seeing places. Few days ago I was on a one-way ticket going to my new mission area. I was excited, as always because I love mission, though I have to leave behind friends, brothers and sisters in the community who had been like family to me.

We were about to go to airport when a Tito (Uncle for Filipinos) asked if I pre-weighed my baggage already. I had two big baggages with me and the Tito was adamant that we have to check or else I will have problems at the airport as the plane allows only a certain weight for each bag. So we passed by the mission office and true enough one of my baggage exceeded more than half the limit. The good thing was that I had an unused bag with me, so we unpacked some of the things and transferred it there. I just had to pay for the additional baggage. When I checked in, one of my baggages was weigh in and found out to be in excess still. So I have to unpacked additional things from the bag.

I thought to myself, moving on can sometimes really be so taxing. When we move out, we have to pack everything and throw out the unnecessary ones. But the thing is, even if we try to put all the important things we have, we still have to be mindful that there are weight limitations and if we exceed, we have to pay for the extra.

Despite the taxing situation, it was still a good travel experience for me. It brought along some few lessons in life, like the following:

1.    Travel light – Throw out unnecessary hangovers from the past.
2.  Pre-weigh your Baggage First – Know your limit, unless you want to pay extra.
3.  If It Is Really Important, Pay the Price – If along the journey, you find it necessary to carry with you some holy burdens, then be willing to pay with extra strength of character.
4.   Move with a Grateful and Joyful Heart – There is so much that we still have to discover and more lives to be changed. You can only enjoy the journey if you have a grateful heart.
5.    Let God and Let Go – Let God guide your life and then it will be easy for you to let go.
6.  Fly High and Have a Safe Landing – Soar in life, God has made you for greatness. But be sure to land safely, meaning, be humble, know where you came from.

Excess baggages, be it in family, love life, career, and other aspects of life can be burdensome. So before you even pack things up, separate the unnecessary ones and leave it behind, take only with you the learnings and realizations. Let God and let go.

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment