Monday, December 31, 2012

Grateful

 
Last day of the year and I can’t help but look back as well of how 2012 was. It was a year of changes, moving from Vancouver to Toronto, meeting new friends and building new relationships.  Another year will pass and with new relationships built my heart is filled with thanksgiving. I am excited to meet new ones!

This year was also had some of my health scare with number of lab tests for some symptoms felt. Thank God nothing serious was diagnosed, a timely reminder to take care of my self in times when I am too focused on other things. Health is wealth they say, much more our bodies is Gods temple so I have to. 

Gods protection was very evident in all aspects of my life specially on my family. I thank Him for the miracle He had granted to my parents, an affirmation of Gods abiding providence.

I was blessed to be part of the team that opened up a new mission area for our community in Nunavut. It allowed me to be officially beyond the 60th parallel north at 63° 44′ 55″ N, 68° 31′ 11″ W in Iqaluit, Nunavut, Canada. The city is already beyond the tree line, so there are no trees that grow in the area. That experienced allowed me to be in the land of the midnight sun, where on summer the sun is up even at midnight. I also was able to walk on water on the frozen Frobisher Bay. I’ve been to the north, central, west and east of this country, and this is a glimpse of the Lords hand reaching out to the Maritimes for the incoming year.

Friends, family, community, mission, health, protection, new places, these are just few of the innumerable blessings and miracles that the Good Lord had given. I am forever grateful to you O Lord God almighty, creator of heaven and earth. May your blessings and miracles extend to the next year and beyond and may You keep us and be gracious to us as You had been in our lives. Let 2013 be Your year, a year of good surprises and unexplainable blessings. Amen. 

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment