Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Surrender


This month I started the “33 Days to Morning Glory” by Father Michael E. Gaitley, a “do-it-yourself” retreat leading to the consecration to Jesus through Mary. One thing that struck me is the readings on total surrender. Surrender goes against the usual reaction of men, we don't want surrender we want control. Marys’ life is a life of total surrender and the thought of following her way of total surrender is scary but the more I go through the days of reading and reflection the more I am assured that it is the best way and the most grace-filled road to walk through. My take on this is that it will be a practice of humility and surrender for me. To surrender is to put myself within the bounds of grace. After all, Mary is full of grace. Can there be more beautiful and wonderful than that?

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment