Saturday, December 17, 2011

Something of Value

I remember my first few months in Canada having a bit of a challenge putting a new mindset when it comes currency. I don’t know what is cheap and what is expensive. My tendency is to convert the amount to Philippine Peso, because that’s what I’m used to. My orientation of currency value was totally different. It took sometime to adjust. I stop converting the amount in my mind or else I’ll end up buying nothing. One time I was in a supermarket and we were buying some groceries for the month and I was asking if that certain item was cheap or expensive, they told me its already cheap but when I converted it to peso my mind was telling me its expensive.

Sometimes what we think as more valuable than the other is actually just a matter of orientation. If our orientation is Peso then we will not fully comprehend the value of other currency and its buying power. Because we are used to a certain thing we are having a hard time appreciating the value of another. We need to be open to learn the value of other things if only to open our eyes that there is more than what we think we have.

Lord, open my eyes to value other things beyond what I am used to, so I can fully grasp the fullness of your blessings. Amen.

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment