Monday, April 20, 2020

God Loved


I’ve always wanted to see a Pope. The opportunity came when I was able to attend the World Meeting of Families in Philadelphia few years ago. It was a blessed week with inspiring talks and workshops. One of the most moving part in that one week celebration was during the Festival of Families, Pope Francis in his homily, put away his prepared speech and did an unscripted one, he said, "Once a child asked me – you know that kids ask difficult questions – he asked me, ‘Father, what did God do before creating the world?’

I assure you, I found real difficulty in answering the question. So, I said what I’m now going to say to you: Before creating the world, God loved. Because God is love."

If I may add, before He created us, He loved us. Therefore, we should not feel unloved and uncared because someone loved us from the beginning. In a world where it’s so easy to feel abandoned, uncared and unloved, we have to go back always to the truth that God love us. There is no more powerful truth that can change the perspective of how we live our lives. Once we believe and embrace that truth, we will live a happy, contented and fruitful life.

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment