Thursday, October 31, 2013

Where Have All the Signs Go?


Where have all the signs go? We have heard this many times when someone is courting or being courted, they would say, “Oh I prayed and this sign was just too overwhelming... I ask for a rose and he gave me a rose.” “I ask for this and the gospel reading was precisely the answer and so I decided she's the one...” Fast forward months or years later, we can hear already, “Maybe this is really not for me because of this and that...” “I realized that I am not ready,” and so on and so forth... Both or either of the two seems to have lost the signs. Where have all the signs go?

Learning here: signs are good, but do not rely too much on it, God even warned us, "A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah." Mat 12:39

Signs and wonders for sure are part of Gods ways, but might as well be discerning because the other side can also do it and use it to deceive us. Wrong reading of signs leads to hurts and pains, confusion and disillusionment.

by aats

1 comment:

  1. Sayang. Sana may sign na "wrong way" or "do not enter" para clear. Minsan kasi na mi-mixed ang mga signals kaya tuloy nagkaka buhol buhol sa bandang huli. Okay. Lesson learned: ask for discernment and guidance from Papa God. Noted po!

    ReplyDelete