Monday, November 12, 2012

Stressing Out On The Wrong Problem

 
I’ve noticed sometimes some people come to us and talk about there problems only to realize in the end that they are actually mourning and stressing on a wrong problem. The problem with us, is that we problem on the wrong problem. Not only are we not able to solve the problem we are actually creating our own imaginary problem. It’s like crying, and barking on a wrong tree, stressing out on a wrong problem.

Example, someone was stressing out about the incoming exam. For sure you will feel the pressure of it. But then the person started crying because he’s already so stressed out. I asked what’s the problem, to which he replied, “The exam it’s very hard.” I ask further, “Did you have the exam already that you are saying it’s very hard?” “Not yet.” To which I responded, “Then the exam is not the problem! The exam is the constant there, what you should problem about is your study habits. If you improved on that, then exam will be a little bit easier.”

Another example on service, someone was saying, “I’m frustrated I’m serving alone.” And then ended up crying and looking so stressed out. I asked, “What have you done so far?” He replied, “None.” I further asked, “Why?” He responded, “Can’t you see, I’m alone!” To which I said, “The problem is not because you are alone, the problem is you! You are very emo! Why am I saying this? Because there are so many others who are actually serving alone, why can they do something about it? Because they stop focusing on them being alone and instead focus on what they can do alone. That is why in the first place, you are put there, to initiate! The problem is not that you are alone; the problem is that you are incapable of initiating things!”

If you cannot even look beyond your situation personally now, you are not ready for bigger responsibilities ahead. If you cannot even initiate something while you are still single and alone, I doubt your readiness to commit to a relationship that requires a more anchored you!

Stop stressing out on something that in the first place should not be stressed of. Think, use your head and guide your heart. The Lord gave you a brain for you to use it.   

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment