Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Thank God for the Trash

I have the habit of just writing anywhere some random thoughts that comes along. Realizations, reflections, messages, inspirations and more, I just wrote it anywhere. So I usually ended up piling trash. I rewrote and saved a large number of it already in my e-files. But last week though my laptop together with my two external drives were stolen while on mission. Our van was robbed while we left it in the park to attend a mass.

I came to know that my things were gone already when I tried to find my laptop because I had a meeting that was about to start and I could not find it. The first thing that came to my mind were my files compiled for so many years. Things can be recovered, but thoughts are hard to come by. Those were gems for me. The good thing is that I still have the raw materials somewhere in my compiled trash were all those thoughts were written. The robbers did not include the papers inside correctly thinking that those were trash anyways. Thank God, in the disguise of a trash, my writings were saved, because in those trashes were written my thoughts and reflections.

I may not be able to recover everything but thank God for the trash, I have something to rewrite now. After all, everything was not lost. Trash as it may seem, they are precious still because of what are written in it.

Something to reflect further, we maybe a trash but we are precious still because written within us are the words of a loving God who created us. 

by aats

2 comments:

  1. Only a person with an open mind and heart can find blessings and inspirations in unfortunate events. Thank you for being open to His plans.

    ReplyDelete