Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Of Flying and Trusting


Going on my 2nd year of mission in Canada makes me look back how many times I had been flying from west to the east side of the country. I love airports and I love flying because every flying experience for me makes me grounded on my faith. Is it not ironic that flying on top makes me grounded below? I am thinking how actually helpless I am just in case something happens with the plane. I am completely at the mercy of the pilot. No amount of seat belts and parachutes actually can save me, if something terrible happens. The plane has to take off and land 100% accurately for me to arrive safely.

Life is like flying in an airplane; we are actually always at the mercy of our heavenly Pilot. We can use our seat-belt by making sure we live a healthy life, and secure ourselves with parachute of longevity, but the truth is, it is He who has the ultimate control, whether we like it or not. Just the thought of it while flying a thousand altitudes above ground makes me grounded on my faith in the heavenly Pilot who never fails. If I can trust my earthly pilot how much more my heavenly One!

While flying and trusting that my pilot will fly as safely to our destination, I vow my head in awe of the goodness of the Lord who unfailingly guide us to a safe destination were there is joy and peace.

Lord, grant us the grace of trustful peace as you lead us to our destination in life and the life thereafter. Amen.

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment