Tuesday, September 11, 2012

No Amount


No amount of oratory, philosophy or science can deviate the truth about God. If there are, it can only affirm the truth about Him. It is with this truth as well, that we share Christ not relying even to our own knowledge but by the power of His Spirit.

Saint Paul articulated this in his letter to the Corinthians in 1 Corinthians 2:1-5, “When I came to you, brothers, it was not with any show of oratory or philosophy, but simply to tell you what God had guaranteed. During my stay with you, the only knowledge I claimed to have was about Jesus, and only about him as the crucified Christ. Far from relying on any power of my own, I came among you in great ‘fear and trembling’ and in my speeches and the sermons that I gave, there were none of the arguments that belong to philosophy; only a demonstration of the power of the Spirit. And I did this so that your faith should not depend on human philosophy but on the power of God.”

We have experienced this many times when we share in our community, we felt at times incapable and not knowledgeable enough of Jesus. Then when the moment comes, we utter words that at hindsight we wouldn’t believe we could even thought of. Our faith and the sharing of it depend not on any human oratory, philosophy or science but by the power of God.

Only Jesus and the truth who is Himself.  

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment