Thursday, September 20, 2012

Life’s Enablers


I just had a doctor’s appointment yesterday and today had a lab tests. I do have a phobia on doctors, hospitals, needles and anything to do about it, maybe because of my surgical operation before. I think it comes with maturity that you come to look at these things in a different light and have courage enough to face it squarely. I said to myself, I will try to be healthy as I can because God is so merciful that He gave me this opportunity to have some thorough check up. So why not have it? I take this as an enabler, given by God for my prayer to be healthy.

God is merciful. Despite of what we have done to ourselves and how wayward we become, He still forgives and provides. We can just look around us and be sensitive at the enablers He has given us. All we need is just to tap and use it because it is meant for our good and the good of others. Using these enablers recognizes the Merciful Giver and it makes us grateful receiver of gifts. Life’s enablers are like gifts given that can only fulfill its purpose if opened. By using life’s enablers, we are maximizing our capacity as sons and daughters of God.

Our God is merciful, He loves to lavish us with gifts but how can we enjoy it if in the first place we don’t open it?

Grant us O Lord eyes that can see the gifts and hands that can open it. Amen. 


by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment