Saturday, September 1, 2012

How Do I love You?


During our FTPW (Fulltime Pastoral Worker) retreat in Gatineau, Quebec, we were asks how do we love God. We were given a copy of the poem written by Elizabeth Barrett Browning, “How do I love Thee?” and was told to reflect on it and make our own for God. I ended up writing one for God.





How Do I love You?


How do I love You?
Let me count the ways…

I love You with the longest bus rides I ever been.

Through paved, dirt and winding roads
Beyond the miles I’ve ever travelled, I love You.

I love You with the highest waves I ever experienced to the silk-like sea that reflects Your peace.

Through unending plains I’ve walked and highest mountain I’ve climbed, I love You.

I love You with the vastness of the Pacific I’ve crossed
To the highest altitude airplanes had brought me.

I love You in the roads, seas and skies.

In colors of fall and freshness of spring
The pureness of winter and vibrance of summer
In all seasons I love You.

I love You in the rain and snow
Even in the hails and thunderstorms
I find beauty in You.

In cold winter nights and warm summer days
I love You just the same.

I love You in winter, spring, summer and fall.

by aats








1 comment:

  1. This brought a smile to my face. I felt your love for Him. He has given you the gift of wisdom and creativity so you can freely and beautifully express your love for Him.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete