Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Beauty of Non Verbal

Being a Southeast Asian myself, I can say people in my part of the world and East Asia are culturally masters of non-verbal communication. I like it how it is being played in movies and television series. You can watch movies were the lead actors are already in love without saying “I love you.” They don’t even have to kiss and have sex. And yet, love is so beautifully expressed in other ways. That’s what I like about Asian movies or TV series, love does not necessarily need to be vocalized… it makes it more mysterious and beautiful. Are we saying here that we will keep on guessing what the other is trying to convey? Yes and no, yes to some degree because we need to be more sensitive and perceptive and no because without us fully knowing, our heart will know it because love is beyond verbal language.

Non-verbal communication I think just affirms the fact that we are not just physical human beings but spiritual as well. If the physical can convey words and certain specific actions, the spirit communicates something else that physical body cannot because of its limitation.


Becoming more sensitive and perceptive is a gain; it makes us a person of depth in a world of shallowness.

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment