Friday, June 21, 2013

God Loves Us As Who We Are


God loves us as who we are. We don’t have to change for Him to love us. A Filipino song describes it well, “Hindi ka kailangan magbago kahit ito’y mas ibig ko. Hindi ka kailangang magsikap ng husto upang ika’y ibigin ko. Iniibig kita, manalig ka sana.” (You don’t need to change even if that is what I like you to do. You don’t have to work hard for me to love you. I love you have faith in me.)

God loves us as we are, He embraces us when no one does and gives us confidence and hope when all we see is humiliation and defeat. We are accepted not because of what we have and what we can offer but simply for who we are. So we come to Him as who we are, without pretensions. Then this love allows us to respond to do well and to do better.  So it is not so much about us changing for God but that our encounter with God, our encounter with love gives us no other reason but to change for how can we not respond to someone who is full of love?

I come before you O God as who I am, no pretensions, just as I am at this moment. Amen.

June 19, 2013 11am

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment