Saturday, September 1, 2018

Home in the Heart

One time I had a conversation with my ministry coordinator. I was updating him about SFC and making some suggestions as to what we can discuss further when I visit their area. He told me, “You can stay in our home if you want.” And I replied, “Oh thank you, but I want to be home in someone’s heart! Will someone let me in?” We ended up laughing.

Oh home and heart! When we talk of these two, it speaks of genuine tenderness, embrace and care. When we are with family and friends, we are home even though we are far away. Memories of tenderness, embrace and care makes us feel home in there hearts. We too can open our hearts to be home to someone else.

I remember the Filipino word for home, “Tahanan”. It comes from the root word “Tahan” which means to cease from crying. So home tahanan then means a place where you cease crying because you are safe in the tenderness, embrace and care of people who had allowed there hearts to be your home. “You can rest now, you are safe here in my heart.”

Let our hearts be a refuge of wounded souls and security of those who are troubled.

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment