Sunday, March 10, 2013

Where It All Begun


After years of absence I’m finally back here in Cebu. I was blessed to hear confession and mass in Cebuano after many years. O, how sweet to hear the words of your mother tongue!

I was last based in Cebu in 2007 when I was transferred to other area. I always considered it a home away from home and my fellow brothers and sisters, Titos and Titas of Couples for Christ as a family away from family. The passion and conviction for His mission planted in me started to grow and took root here. I was able to grow because of the perseverance, love and care of our coordinators and leaders and for that, I am forever grateful. 

Last weekend I was able to join with the Fulltime Pastoral Workers and Mission Volunteers of Cebu on one of their meetings. Being with them is a coming home for me. I started becoming crazy with the Lord in this province and it’s always good to be back where I first heard the call. Mission is home and seeing fellow a missionary is home too, for each of our presence is a presence of home.

After conducting a mentors talk, I was privilege too with the meeting of campus base leaders of the province. I started in Cebu with campus base and being with them brings so much good memories of missions back then. In the presence campus volunteers, presidents, senior sisters and officers is such an affirmation that the mission continues. I said to myself, indeed, we are but passers by, we come and go but the mission remains.

I thank the Lord for allowing me to see what the mission looks like years after you were gone. Can there more affirmation than seeing the mission of the Lord flourishing?

Thank you Lord for allowing me to see the goodness of your work. Amen.

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment