Sunday, November 18, 2012

Responsibility and Accountability



Being responsible “able to respond” is a leadership quality that can bring an organization or community to greater heights. Being accountable “able to account” is a sign of mature leadership. Responsible and accountable leaders are dependable in times of difficulties and a sure guide to a secure future.

A responsible response to a difficult and complicated situation is a sign of maturity. Leadership requires mature people. A well thought of, sensible, and spirit-led decision makes a lot of difference. Leaders will always be confronted with situations that requires rising above self, even denying emotions and feelings for the common good. We might ask why do we need to do this? Because we are responsible and accountable to the people given to us. What kind of leadership do we want to leave behind? What kind of character do we want others to follow from us?

Am I responsible enough? Am I just thinking of my feelings or I include what will be the good for others? Can I be accountable to everything I do?

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment