Thursday, September 13, 2018

Lead Me, Lord


Probably you have heard this song, “Lead Me, Lord” by John D. Becker many times during mass. Well, I heard it once more during mass a while ago and I felt like its lyrics never ceases to speak so much about our own desire to be on the side of what is good, true and beautiful. It puts into words what our soul longs for when our physical body betrays it. The lyrics goes:

Blessed are the poor in spirit, longing for their Lord, 
for God's coming kingdom shall be theirs. 
Blessed are the sorrowing, for they shall be consoled, 
and the meek shall come to rule the world.

Refrain: 

Lead me, Lord, lead me, Lord, 
by the light of truth 
to seek and to find the narrow way. 
Be my way; be my truth; 
be my life, my Lord, and lead me, Lord, today.

Blessed are the merciful, for mercy shall be theirs, 
and the pure in heart shall see their God. 
Blest are they whose hunger only holiness can fill, 
for I say they shall be satisfied.

Blest are they who through their lifetimes sow the seeds of peace; 
all will call them children of the Lord. 
Blest are you, though persecuted in your holy life, 
for in heaven, great is your reward.

Lead us Lord by the light of truth, to seek and to find the narrow way. Amen.

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment