Monday, March 27, 2017

Oasis in the Desert

This morning in our regular monday meeting, we were having a Lectio Divina. We were reflecting on the temptation of Jesus in the desert (wilderness) in the Gospel of Matthew 4:1-11. Our reflection question was, “What is my oasis in the desert?”

What came into my mind upon imagining a desert was mirage.

According to Merriam-Webster a mirage is an optical illusion caused by atmospheric conditions, especially the appearance of a sheet of water in a desert or on a hot road caused by the refraction of light from the sky by heated air.

In short mirage is – “it seems like but it’s not. “

Because you want it so badly, you create an image in your mind, but it turns out a mirage. When you have physical wants, you are thirsty, hungry, anything can come into your mind, imagination flourishes. When you arrive, it’s not there.

Jesus is not a mirage; He is real. He is not just imagined; He is there when you arrive. He is not false hope.

My oasis is the truth that Jesus is real. I have someone I can hold on to. My desert in life is not forever.

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment