Friday, February 24, 2017

Without Minding The Cost

With so many Telenovelas/Teleseryes (Filipino Soap Operas) come and go, we had been bombarded with ideas of what love should be. We have seen the different characters playing their part and the main character fighting for love. Along the way, many obstacles come and yet love triumphs in the end. Most of the time, I find it not so much in touch with reality, but even then, we can still get something on it. One is that when we love we don’t mind the cost.

A classic Filipino song aptly describes this, Kahit na ilang tinik ay kaya kong tapakan, kung yan ang paraan upang landas mo'y masundan. Kahit ilang ulit ako'y iyong saktan, hindi kita maaaring iwanan. Kahit ilang awit ay aking aawitin, hanggang ang himig ko'y maging himig mo na rin. Kahit ilang dagat ang dapat tawirin. Higit pa riyan ang aking gagawin. (It won't matter how many thorns I'd have to walk on, if that's the only way for me to follow your path. Even if you'd hurt me, I'd never leave you. It won’t matter how many songs I'd have to sing, I'd sing until my voice becomes yours. I'd cross countless seas, even more than that, I would do.)

Isn’t it beautiful that our Christian faith have this kind of love and much more?

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment