Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Our Burning Desire

If we ask some people why they are still serving in the community, they would answer, “Because I made a commitment and I am responsible for it.” This is good, however this reason will not go far.

This sometime leads to contract mentality. “I will just finish my responsibility and then I’ll go.” “That is not in my job description.” “I’m done with my responsibility.” Then we are left wondering why some passionate brother or sister suddenly left from service.

Responsibility and accountability are not enough if we are to flourish in the mission, it has to be Christ. Christ should be our burning desire to serve!

Passion for Christ first and then for His mission, in this way, we will serve Him in whatever capacity and not be bothered by any position or situation. Whether we are called for life of fulltime mission or for a certain period, it does not matter, whatever or wherever we are, we will serve the Lord, because our passion and burning desire is Christ not anything else.

We are not just for certain contract period; we are for life.

by aats 

No comments:

Post a Comment