Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Taxi Driver Lesson

While riding a taxi from the airport the driver and I had a conversation. He was actually generous in his sharings. We talked about life and family. With me in the cab is also a brother missionary whom I had an exchange of stories.

The driver might have overheard me saying, “Praise the Lord” and “Amen” while I was talking to the brother and while on the phone, so much that when we continued our conversation, he asked me, “Sir born again ka ba? (Are you a born again? A reference to born again Christians) to which I replied, “No, I am a Catholic.”

He continued, “So Sir you are single?” and I said, “Yes”. He said that I should have one and told me, “Sir, tuturuan kita ha, kapag maghanap ka ng mapapangasawa, maghanap ka sa simbahan. Kasi kapag nagsisimba yan, sigurado ayos yan pang pamilya. Kapag may nakita kang babae, tanungin mo Sir, nagsisimba at nagdadasal ka ba? Kasi kapag nagdadasal, sigurado maayos yan. Tapos tanungin mo rin Sir, nag shoshopping ka ba? Nako, kapag ang sagot niyan nagshoshopping ilang beses sa isang lingo, huwag na, problema yan.” (Sir, I will teach you okay, if you are looking for a bride, look for her inside the church, because if she is a churchgoer you will be a little bit sure that she is good. If you find a girl outside, ask her if she go to church and pray, because if she does, you will be assured as well. Then ask her as well if she likes shopping because if she does and loves doing it many times in a week, don’t pursue anymore, it’s going to be a problem.)

I was laughing inside but at the same time I was awed by the truthfulness of what he said. It might not be full assurance (because even the most devout have problems too) but finding someone who goes to church and pray, value you more than material things and loves the Lord above all, is going to give you a peace of mind and a future full of hope.

It is also good to note that while looking, we are also growing in our faith in God so we too can be the best gift to someone in the future.

by aats


1 comment:

  1. Patawa talaga si Papa God. Nothing happens by chance. He specifically put you in that taxi para patawanin ka. God bless that taxi driver.

    ReplyDelete