Sunday, September 7, 2014

To Fade Away

I remember once when I was about to be transferred to another mission area, someone asks me if who’s going bring me to the airport? I said “Well, a Tito will drive me there.” He replied, “That’s it? I mean no one’s going to send you off? That’s so sad!” To which I replied, “Not at all, that’s how it should be in mission, well at least at the very minimum.” This scene has happened countless times before. So I just smiled, because from the beginning, we were trained to detach if only to bring sanity to our own selves and the mission area we will leave behind. Yes, it’s good to be attached because we immerse with the people but this is done with consciousness of detachment, knowing that we are not permanent. This, in the end will help the community grow.


I said, whenever I am reassigned (which happened many times already) I just fade away. We fade away, yes, because the mission has to continue. Therefore, we must do our best while we are in our assigned area because we can be reassigned at an instant and we cannot afford any drama that will hinder the mission as a whole. If the apostles before were too attached to there mission areas, Christianity could not have grown as we are today. The apostles learned to just fade away because they know too well that they were nothing, Christ is everything. Let’s learn from them.

by aats

No comments:

Post a Comment